Senior Compliance Monitoring Consultant
Are you solutions orientated with a strong knowledge of financial services regulation and good relationship management skills?
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of putting your compliance monitoring expertise to the test in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers by joining our Group Risk function.
The Operational and Regulatory Risk team is one of three teams that make up the well-established Group Risk function here at Phoenix Group. Working within the Compliance Monitoring team headed up by the Head of Outsource Provider Oversight/Monitoring, this role will report in to the Regulatory Risk Manager and is responsible for carrying out compliance monitoring reviews and related regulatory risk tasks in accordance with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contributing to the delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan by managing entire audits in line with current methodology and with limited supervision
- Building lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and Outsource Service Providers
- Ensuring management actions are identified and tracked to resolution and escalated where necessary
- Drafting reports to a standard appropriate for board level review
- Providing reasonable support to the delivery of Outsourcer Service Provider oversight activity and departmental objectives
Who You’ll Be:
- Customer and conduct risk focused.
- Ideally you will be degree qualified with a relevant audit/compliance qualification
- You will have demonstrable experience in an audit/compliance role
- Experience of working within an outsourcer model, ideally within a large, regulated organisation
- Strong relationship management skills
- A strong communicator with the ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Solutions orientated with strong problem-solving skills
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
To apply, simply click on the 'Apply' button.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 13th September 2017.