Senior Analyst - SOX Controls
The Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance Program including planning, risk assessment, design, evaluation and reporting. This position will report to the Director and will work in partnership with Process Owners, Control Performers, Internal and External Audit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the SOX compliance program by performing scoping, risk assessment, test planning and coordination, and reporting for relevant business and IT processes and controls.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls and participate in management’s annual assessment of the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Document policy, standards, procedures, templates and other relevant documents to support the overall structure of the SOX program.
- Facilitate the timely completion by process owners of control documentation including control matrices, process narratives, and flowcharts, as required, and review for adequate completion.
- Liaise with and provide direction to internal and/or external teams in performance of SOX compliance activities ensuring issues are identified, tracked and resolved.
- Conduct root cause analysis and development and execution of remediation efforts of key control failures with business process owners.
- Reporting on status and progress of program including summaries of deficiencies and remediation plans.
- Periodically meet with management on changes in businesses, operations and controls and propose revisions to the SOX plan, as needed.
- Ensure control owners understand their role and responsibilities; provide training.
- Liaise with IT on the design, implementation and evaluation of IT general and automated system controls and configurations.
- Serve as a technical resource on all SOX matters, including design, operation and documentation around internal controls and financial reporting and IT processes.
- Identify areas of opportunity for business process improvement.
- Utilize technology and tools to continually learn, innovate and enhance delivery of services.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS – Accounting, CPA or CIA required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or working in corporate accounting positions at publicly traded companies.
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or consumer products industries preferred.
- Experience with Oracle EBS/Axapta/Hyperion an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, COSO, PCAOB requirements.
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy in work; detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Strong problem solving, investigative and analytical skills including ability to see the broad implications of events.
- Strong communication, facilitation and influencing skills, with experience developing and facilitating training programs.
- Microsoft Office and general software query tools.
Travel Requirements: Travel is required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings and/or other job-related functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
More searches like this
- Compliance Retail, Wholesale & FMCG $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in North America
- Internal Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in North America
- Sarbanes-Oxley Retail, Wholesale & FMCG $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in North America
- Internal Controls Retail, Wholesale & FMCG $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in North America
- Compliance & Regulation Retail, Wholesale & FMCG $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in North America