Corporate Compliance Specialist
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, non-profit organization that serves the people of Qatar by supporting and operating programs in three core mission areas: education, science and research, and community development.
Key Result Areas:
- Promote an organizational culture of compliance with different types of rules (QF Governance Manual, Laws, Regulations and Policies & Procedures etc).
- In coordination with the Legal Directorate, enable & monitor QF entities to ensure compliance with local laws. Consult with the Legal directorate as needed to resolve legal compliance issues.
- In coordination with relevant stakeholders, support & monitor QF entities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations i.e. KYC, AML.
- In coordination with Operational Excellence Directorate ISO audits, monitor QF’s compliance to policies and procedures.
- In coordination with internal stakeholders, develop and implement a Control Self-Assessment framework and support QF entities to identify & assess key controls through its implementation. Identify gaps and weaknesses and provide recommendations to strengthen and minimize gaps.
- Develop and implement an ethics program and define key ethical standards applicable to QF i.e. conflict of interest policy. In coordination with relevant stakeholders, support & monitor QF’s entities ensure compliance with such ethical requirements.
- Identify and report non-compliances or alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Provides reports on a regular basis to QF Presidents / C-Suites, Senior Management, Audit Committee and the Board, as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain Compliance policies & procedures.
- Establishes Compliance Program Road-map or rollout program and defines success criteria in order to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Build cross-functional partnerships across QF, ensuring accomplishment of compliance initiatives.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g. Risk Management, Insurance, Internal Audit, Human Capital etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Provides guidance and advice to the business on compliance-related matters.
- Reviews exception reports and provides recommendation on decisions’ adequacy.
- Reviews the different disclosures and conflicts of interest declarations and escalates to the appropriate authority on the adequate course of action.
- Designs and delivers training sessions to enhance the development of a strong corporate compliance and control culture.
- Tracks and reports activity status, issues, risks, escalations, and decisions for management.
- Initiates & maintains effective coordination & relationships with QF Divisions & Directorates.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; additional degree in Management, Compliance, Risk Management, or Insurance preferred. Certification by the training would be advantageous.
- 5-8 years of Compliance experience
- Good knowledge of Qatar’s legal & regulatory standards is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; training experience preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to work well using own initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure and commit to deadlines.