Lawson Conner UK is an award winning investment manager platform and compliance service provider. The firm has recently been voted “B2B Business of the Year” by an expert panel of senior business judges during the Amazon Growing Business Awards 2017 competition.
Lawson Conner’s clients are of institutional nature and range from specialised hedge fund managers to large asset management firms with well-established track records who utilise a broad array of investment strategies.
What we are looking for:
Due to company growth, we are looking for a number of compliance experts (analyst, associate, manager - depending on experience). As Lawson Conner expands, our well-established list of blue-chip clients continues to grow and seek assistance on a variety of interesting and innovative projects and assignments.
Based in the London office, our Compliance experts will become part of a dynamic team, interact with a variety of blue-chip clients and support existing and prospective projects within compliance, risk and regulation.
Examples of Assignments/Projects
- Compliance Monitoring - Oversight of regulated activities including the implementation and conduct of the Compliance Monitoring Plan across varying clients and business activities, covering multiple regulatory requirements in line with directives such as MIFID II and AIFMD
- Policy Work - Identifying regulatory changes, including rule changes as well as best practice guidance, and processing implementation across policies and procedures, to be communicated to the firm internally and to the firm's clients
- Managed Compliance - This involves identifying policies and procedures, carrying out monitoring and detailed gap analysis to provide practical and achievable recommendations to the client, and providing guidance where necessary and working with clients to assist them in demonstrating compliance.
- Compliance Projects - This can vary between clients, with compiling and reviewing regulatory applications to AML and Financial Crime risk assessments, Financial Promotion reviews, Product launch assessment.
- Experience working in an FCA compliance environment with a good understanding of the financial services industry
- Attention to detail: must be able to perform all work consistently to a high level of quality
- Time Management: must be able to manage own time on multiple ongoing projects effectively and oversee a small team
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and influence clients
- Desire to work in an dynamic, fast-moving and fast-growing company environment interacting with blue-chip clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree (Law or Business preferred) or similar
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Very strong IT skills (Microsoft Office suite etc)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organisation with a highly motivated and client focused team that has been recently awarded B2B Business of the Year at the Amazon Growing Business Awards 2017.
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, benefits package and a bonus.
The company operates an HMRC approved employee share option scheme with significant benefits for qualifying members of staff.
Please note that you must be legally authorised to live and work in the United Kingdom in order to be eligible for this role as sponsorship is not offered.