Senior Delivery and Compliance Officer
The Research Innovation and Enterprise (RIE) department are looking to recruit an individual to provide support to Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered within a compliant framework where appropriate monitoring and control systems are in place. The post holder will offer advice and guidance around funder requirements, administrative and record keeping systems, undertake project assurance support activities and chair meetings with key stakeholders. The role entails working to set deliverables & milestones, in close collaboration with a range of stakeholders within the University (e.g., Faculty/School Professional Services, Facilities Management, Finance, Contracts and legal representatives, academic theme leads), and with external project partners and funders.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience and knowledge of working with EU & UK Government funded projects in either a financial or compliance capacity
- The ability to both learn and assist in the training of others in setting up and using record keeping systems
- The ability to understand complex funding regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in working hours when needed
- Provide support for reviews and audits at Faculty and Vice Chancellor Office level
- Provide support for formal External & Internal Auditors
- Successful applicants should have a degree in a relevant subject area.
For further information please contact Anita Virk (Head of Delivery and Compliance) on 0121 331 4057.
For more information about applying and for the job description for the post, please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing Date: Sunday 22 April 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please note; on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Alternatively if you require the application in a different format please contact the Human Resources Department on 0121 331 6693.
Birmingham City University holds an Athena Swan Bronze Award and promotes the advancement of gender equality through Representation, Progression and Success for All. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- Advisory Education, Training & Recruitment £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Midlands
- Assurance Education, Training & Recruitment £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Midlands
- Compliance Education, Training & Recruitment £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Midlands
- Internal Controls Education, Training & Recruitment £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Midlands
- Compliance & Regulation Education, Training & Recruitment £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Midlands