Compliance Monitoring Officer
Launched in 1997, Towergate Group is one of the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediaries employing over 4000 people across 100 UK offices. We’re an important distribution channel for a hundreds of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Our scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make us a unique business and a leader in the markets we operate in.
We’ve got big ambitions for the future and are looking for people who want to make their mark on something unique in the industry.
To carry out Compliance Monitoring reviews at different business locations within the Group, mainly in the UK. Focussing on providing 2nd Line assurance by assessing the effectivess of 1st Line controls, i.e. business standards, including adherence to regulatory requirements and ensuring fair outcomes for our customers. To provide the businesses with written remedial plans that appropriately address any shortcomings, and track these to completion. This may include, for example,
- Undertake reviews in accordance with the agreed Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Pre visit planning
- Liaise with businesses to agree dates of site visits and obtain their engagement
- Data collation and analysis from the businesses risk management tool and reviewing relevant MI;
- Sample selection and testing;
- Interviewing staff; and
- Feedback to businesses on visit conclusion;
- Timely production of high quality reports arising from regular and/ or ad-hoc compliance reviews which,
- Succinctly prioritise issues arising; and
- Influencing and educating business managers, to obtain their engagement of the recommendations for corrective actions and completing these within appropriate timescales
- Relevant professional qualification preferred, i.e. Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Experience, and good knowledge and understanding of the Insurance regulatory environment, with particular emphasis on the application of principles, rules and requirements.
- Good knowledge of GEN, PRIN, COBs, ICOBS, SYSC, DISP, FC, CASS, PROD, CONC. Also be able to easily interperatethe FCA handbook.
- Previous experience of working in Insurance business; in ether Sales, Underwriting, and/ or Claims.
- Some previous experience working in the Insurance compliance field.
- Excellent communicator able to identify, prioritise and present potentially complex issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbal and written.
- Sound judgement in the application of regulatory requirements with practicality of business needs.
- Ability to identify areas for the enhancement of existing systems and controls across the business and to articulate these in proportionate and commercially sound recommendations.
- Ability to develop and maintain peer networks and to communicate effectively at all levels and within compliance and business units, including senior management.
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better.
- Excellent Planning and organising skills.
- Must have excellent experience in writing reports at Board level.
- Numerate and intermediate IT skills.
For full details on the role, please click the 'Apply' button.
More searches like this
- Assurance Insurance £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Colchester
- Business / Corporate Auditor Insurance £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Colchester
- Compliance Insurance £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Colchester
- Regulation Insurance £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Colchester
- Compliance & Regulation Insurance £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Colchester