Technical and Risk Director - Restructuring
Our client is one of the leading restructuring firms in the UK with a wide network of offices throughout the UK.
As a Director your primary focus is to manage professional support for BR stream nationally in the areas of Risk, compliance, regulation, best practice, legal and technical matters and to develop systems to assist professional staff regarding the delivery of professional quality solutions.
• Advice/Support in respect of the administration of BR cases, including technical and risk advice.
• Providing advice and support to BR Partners and professional staff regarding engagement and legal documentation on Advisory work
• Acting as senor risk and quality sounding board to BR partners and staff
• Day to day management of the Project Acceptance Process and acting as a sounding board for partners and staff , including attending daily meetings
• Establishing best practice documentation nationally and preparation of practice notes
• Supporting Stream Management with regard to:-
- all complaints and the conduct of professional complaints to regulators and PII complaints and associated matters.
- internal licensing.
- Compliance Reviews (Peer Reviews and advisory cold reviews)
-Liaising with the in-house legal team
-Annual partner R & Q process
• Oversight & development of appropriate control & compliance systems to assist partners in ensuring regulatory and statutory compliance.
• Co-ordination of BR technical, compliance risk services.
• Develop BR Risk processes in consultation with the Stream Management
• Support in respect of Data Protection Registration/legislation including GDPR, including liaison with the firms DPO
• Liaise with peers within major firms and with R3 and DBERR
• Liaise with open cover insurers and surety cover.
• Oversight of stream software, data management, systems and cashiers
• Maintain technical library.
• Maintain technical pages on BR insite
• Effectively manage projects, and co-ordinate the delivery of professional support services
• Maintain BR manuals (Checklists/glossary/procedures).
• Conduct other projects and duties as delegated (including practice protection)
• Input into policy for staff training and provision of training when necessary.
• Reviewing client/project acceptance documentation and approving applications to open new job codes where appropriate.
• Responsible for supporting BR London Partners in ensuring quality of outgoing reports and circulars on implementation work.
• Liaison with regulatory bodies
• Liaison with Central Risk Management, the firm's MLRO and head of PII and agreement of policies and implementation thereof
• Update and monitor firm’s national Risk, Quality Assurance and Licensing databases.
• Conducting honest and constructive staff appraisals in accordance with the firm's procedures
• Responsible for monitoring and supervising staff
• Contribute Technical/Risk content to the BR Newsletter.
• Dissemination of technical/legal developments to firm's staff.
• Provision of general technical advice
• Ideally qualified accountant or solicitor with JIEB.
• Must have substantial practical experience of insolvency and legal processes, able to demonstrate clear understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements and ethical matters.
• Must be familiar with insolvency advisory work and corporate finance practice.
• Advanced user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access and Lotus Notes with extensive knowledge of IPS, FMS and RMS.
• Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
• Relevant management experience at a similar level / in a similar role
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom