Head of Internal Audit
5 days left
- 25-50% Travel
Drinks Manufacturer based in Glasgow seeking a Head of Internal Audit to join highly successful function!
Your new company
An outstanding and unique opportunity to join a leading Scottish drinks manufacture, FMCG business. Our client is looking for a Head of Internal Audit to provide effective and efficient assurance to the Supervisory Board, the Executive Committee and management concerning the adequacy of the internal control environment and the identification, assessment and management of business risks.
Your new role
You will promote and instil corporate governance and internal control by raising standards of best practice and by developing and implementing tools, methodologies and frameworks that are appropriate to the business.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the planning and delivery of internal audits, control assessments and risk projects across disparate geographical areas, spanning financial controls, operational processes and regulatory aspects, delivering these in accordance with agreed working practices. Provide regular updates on the status of Internal Audit work to key stakeholders, together with the tracking of open audit actions
- Contribute to the improvement of risk management practices, leveraging experiences from other businesses. Proactively support the identification of emerging risks and promote strategies to improve existing mitigations
- Apply in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of complex, international businesses and work in partnership with stakeholders to consider the overall control environment and optimal audit approaches. Utilise external networks and industry specialists to keep abreast of standards and best practices
- Develop consultative, effective working relationships with key business stakeholders within the business area, building trust and becoming a valued source of challenge and guidance
- Raise awareness of corporate policies, sharing knowledge and instilling best practices across the Group, working collaboratively with key stakeholders to support the ambitious business strategy
- Lead, motivate and develop the Internal Audit team in line with the Company Values while maintaining a 'one team' approach to Finance, through coaching and feedback to build their skills, knowledge and professional development
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the Internal Audit function, its methodologies, working practices and reporting
- Support the presentation of conclusions and findings to local management. Apply previous experience to develop and recommend corrective actions and other improvement suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management responses. Agree improvement action plans with responsible management and support the reporting of the outcomes of audit reviews to management
What you'll need to succeed
- A qualified accountant with experience of leading concurrent audit project teams in a dynamic, complex and multi-location and international business environment
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience developing and implementing, methodologies and strategies to provide assurance over internal controls and to embed risk management activities
- Proven track record of leading, planning and delivering a range of audits or investigations into complex business processes or systems, and the generation of commercially relevant recommendations
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, coupled with the ability to engage with leaders and process owners throughout the business globally. Confident negotiating internally, often at higher levels, on matters which could have a significant business impact
- Ability to make a balanced assessment of available information to reach objective and commercially relevant conclusions
- Proven leader who can set objectives, performance manage and develop individuals to achieve their full potential
- Eager to learn quickly and to obtain extensive experience of an exciting, fast-moving, international business
- Willingness to travel globally
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a market leader with the opportunity for career progression, whilst seeing different cultures across the globe!
Highly competitive salary with excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Head of Internal Audit
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Compliance Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Scotland
- Internal Audit Head of Department Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Scotland
- Risk Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Scotland
- Compliance & Regulation Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Scotland