Senior Credit Underwriter
Senior Credit Underwriter - Financial Services - Asset Based Lending - Middlesex - £50k to £55k.
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Financial Services Provider in a Senior Credit Underwriting position.
Your new role
Will be to underwrite complex new business proposals across all business sectors and underwriting teams, completion of facility reviews, monitoring and assisting with high risk customers ensuring 'TCF' and business values are maintained to the highest standards.
- Timely and accurate new business proposal underwriting decisions within a higher level delegated authority or recommendations to management where outside of personal mandate.
- Where appropriate, "make" deals in a structured, risk appropriate and affordable form including assisting with bespoke documentation in conjunction with technical support.
- Utilising a range of underwriting tools and templates such as Standard and Poor's, CAP Monitor and risk rating models, with the skills to interpret outcomes and apply commercially.
- Prioritise workload and seek management assistance where necessary in order to meet internal turnaround times in line with business imperatives.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers in order to optimise business effectiveness without compromising risk management imperatives.
- Undertaking site visits including Brokers, Vendors, Block Discounting and Wholesale Customers and Customers in general to assist sales in relationship building and deal negotiations.
- Training, mentoring and providing expert advice to Credit Analysts and Junior Credit Analysts.
- Deputising for Senior Credit Manager where requested.
- Provide informed support across Business Finance in areas such as fraud prevention, systems testing, deal pay-outs and overviews
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous underwriting experience at a senior level within an asset management industry environment working on proposals within multimillion pound deals. Experienced in financial and data analysis with previous debt service and cash flow experience and strong analytical and numeracy skills. You will possess strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills with concise expression and ability to present convincing arguments to management, sales and other key stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary of up to £55k dependant on experience, plus car allowance and company bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Credit Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly