Audit Senior Manager – London - Specialise in the Insurance Sector with a Market Leader-
An excellent opportunity has arisen in our clients’ market leading Insurance team within Corporate Audit. The Insurance team provides external audit and internal audit services to clients across the insurance sector. Experience of the insurance sector is not needed but a strong auditing background is required for this role.
The team has an excellent reputation in the sector and continues to grow. Their expertise and experience is sought after and presents their clients with opportunities that other comparable firms do not get or are not able to respond to. They have their own actuarial team who act as auditors experts and also provide consultancy services.
They are looking to build on their reputation and strengths to develop a market leading and highly respected team of insurance experts.
They are looking for a candidate that is driven by a desire to reach the highest professional standards, driving their own career forwards along with those of the junior members of the team, enabling themselves and the insurance team to continue growing and succeeding.
- Manage the audit process in accordance with ISAs, including preparation and monitoring of budgets, timescales and deadlines, ensuring that significant risks are identified and addressed, review of all working papers and ensuring high quality draft reports and management reporting for RI review
- Maintaining the highest level of audit quality as many clients fall under FRC scope
- Be driven and excited at the opportunity to develop themselves and the insurance team
- Be technically able to develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of the insurance sector with the medium to long term goal of developing niche expertise in a chosen area to become a leading expert within the market
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of ISAs, UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- Be self-sufficient and driven being able to work independently, to execute work plans and manage portfolio with minimal guidance from Partners/RIs
- Identify and resolve potential obstacles in achieving objectives
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems or issues as they arise
- Assist the audit partner in setting and communicating the audit strategy to the audit team
- Review and approve budgets and monitor performance against budgets in conjunction with engagement partner
- Responsible for day-to-day staff planning, ensuring the right level of technically qualified staff are booked on to each audit assignment for the appropriate amount of time
- Ensure all audit staff within your designated team complete work within allocated timescales and to the standard required. If problems occur, seek ways to resolve matters quickly and efficiently
- Assist with setting targets and objectives for junior staff, as well as on the job training and coaching. Completing job appraisals for staff, assisting in identifying development needs and opportunities
- Contribute and implement ideas for staff motivation and development
- Arrange debriefing sessions after each assignment and provide feedback on performance and budget with an explanation of any variance
- Develop involvement in marketing and business development ideas and concepts for sustained marketing programme
Requirements and Skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong audit experience. Must be able to demonstrate experience of and excellence in technically challenging engagements and managing multiple engagements
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Competent using MS Office
- Proven people management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to influence internal clients / colleagues
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Keen to add value to our clients’ businesses
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
To be considered for this role you will be a dynamic and positive individual who is able to work autonomously and keep the daily operations of the office running smoothly. The company’s culture is one that is welcoming, supportive and focused and they are looking for a like – minded individual to join the team. Their working culture is inclusive, collaborative and supportive and they want to allow their employees to reach their full potential.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)