Senior Compliance Audit Manager
Great opportunity for an experienced Senior Compliance Audit Manager to join the Worldwide Compliance & Business Ethics team who safely navigates the business within highly regulated and increasingly complex environment. As a Senior Compliance Audit manager, you will safeguard the business and ensure business is conducted ethically, ensuring compliance with the laws and regulation.
If you are looking for your next career step within Compliance Audit and want to be part of our mission – To serve patients – which drives all that we do, apply or get in touch. Take a look at our career pages to find out more about Amgen UK https://careers.amgen.com/where-we-are/en-gb/
Our Compliance Audit Team:
Amgen Worldwide Compliance & Business Ethics team is looking for an experienced Senior Audit Compliance Manager to the global audit team based in Uxbridge, United Kingdom. The Compliance Audit Senior Manager will report directly to the Head of US Healthcare Compliance Audit based in corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California and indirectly to the Director of Corporate Audit – International Audit in Uxbridge, United Kingdom.
Senior Compliance Audit Manager role overview:
The Compliance Audit Senior Manager position is responsible for leading audits that cover the following scope: Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption, Healthcare compliance, Privacy in all Ex-US Commercial regions (Europe, JAPAC and Intercontinental). The team also supports audits for Research & Development and Manufacturing sites.
As a Senior Compliance Audit Manager, you will support the Head of US Healthcare Compliance Audit in carrying out the operations of the Healthcare Compliance Audit (HCCIA) program outside of US.
- Effectively plan, coordinate, and conduct compliance audits in accordance with the audit plan approved by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to internal stakeholders.
- Conduct joint audits and consulting engagements with Corporate Audit.
- Develop partnership and collaboration with Corporate Audit, International Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Compliance Monitoring, and Law groups.
- Document audits performed in the Audit Management System or Teammate and store audit work papers in the system of record.
- Communicate audit results to business process owners, senior management and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Exercise excellent judgment and initiative in handling business issues.
- Work with cross functional teams and assist on special projects as needed.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting, finance, business administration or compliance.
- Proven experience in audit, compliance, accounting, and/or business administration.
- Team leadership or managing project teams.
- Relevant auditing or compliance professional certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant, Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Self-starter with excellent project management and communication (both verbal and written) skills, including the ability to effectively and confidentially interact with Amgen Senior management.
- Excellent and insightful analytical skills; ability to be decisive, build teams, and provide leadership.
- Being able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in, fluency in English is required.
Proven experience and skills:
- Prior Healthcare Compliance (HCC) audit experience in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry.
- Experience in conducting compliance audits related to U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), U.K. Bribery Act, Anti-Corruption Regulations and other local anti-corruption laws and regulations as well as risk and controls.
- Experience in conducting data privacy audits in the EU and the U.S.
- Prior pharmaceutical / biotechnology compliance, sales and marketing, medical liaison, finance, or other relevant business experience.
- Experience of external audit gained at the Big 4 and/or internal audit at fortune 500 company.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of the Institute of Internal Auditing (IIA).
- Knowledge and understanding of process analysis and design.
- Experienced in performing Third-Party audits and due diligence activities.
- Self-starter with excellent project management and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proficient in SAP, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Visio.
- Other languages would be beneficial: Spanish, German, French, Chinese, etc.
Travel: Global, up to 50% per year
If you are looking for your next career step within Compliance Audit and want to be part of our mission – To serve patients – which drives all that we do, apply or get in touch.