Ethics & Compliance Governance Consultant
Location - Staines
- To drive a culture where customers are treated fairly across the Energy and FS businesses and collaborate with other "2nd Line of defence" functions across Centrica Group to develop/maintain an integrated & aligned approach to managing the risk of compliance with Laws and Regulations, to protect the profitability of the business, support positive customer outcomes, and protect the licence to operate.
- To be a trusted advisor and a compliance professional who has demonstrated the ability to work with the first line of defence whilst exercising support and challenge as a second line team member.
- To support the delivery of all aspects of Compliance Governance activities across Ethics & Compliance; and the delivery of Centrica Group Ethics & Compliance Program within UK Financial Services and Energy. This includes but is not limited to Regulatory Compliance relating to Ofgem, the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA).
- Provide input into the Compliance Governance methodology and annual plan.
- Maintain close working relationships with LRECS colleagues (e.g. Assurance & Advice, Regulation teams etc.) that sit outside of Governance with a view to maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall E&C Compliance framework.
- Contribute to maintaining the Regulatory Compliance Framework consisting of the Compliance Terms of Reference; Regulatory Compliance Foot Print; Regulatory Compliance Policy; Annual Compliance Plan and Compliance Handbook.
- Contribute to maintaining; the Senior Managers (Approved Persons) Framework, up-to-date rules mapping for all Senior Managers, building, enhancing, maintaining and implementing Governance Maps and Statement of Responsibilities.
- Contribute to preparation of content for Induction training for newly appointed Senior Managers and their supporting managers (Responsible Persons).
- Maintain electronic Governance calendar and activities log and ensure that extensive regulatory and compliance notifications and reports are filed timely and correctly.
- Maintain and keep up to date Ethics & Compliance, Intranet site, reflecting team accountabilities and key documents within the Regulatory Compliance Framework.
- Own and maintain a Compliance forward schedule for all reporting to all Board and Board risk committees within the regulated entities (BGSL, BGIL, BGFL etc.)
- Ensure an effective sign-off and version control process for Compliance documentation and policies is mapped and observed
- Maintain a central repository of all governance activities on the team site.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on relevant Governance Activities as indicated in personal objectives periodically.
More searches like this
- Compliance Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Surrey
- Corporate Governance & GRC Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Surrey
- Regulation Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Surrey
- Compliance & Regulation Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Surrey