Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) Manager
A career in our Business Resilience Risk - Client Services practice, within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
As the business environment becomes more complex, resilience continues to climb the agenda of organisations. Our team help organisations build resilience solutions that work in practice, applying this through all our services, from capability reviews to crisis rehearsals.
About the role
- This Manager role will see you working on a variety of challenging and career-advancing GRC assignments. You will work with a wide range of clients across LRA. You’ll be constantly learning, and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of innovation, collaboration and teamwork.
- You’ll work across a diverse range of well-known clients and have the opportunity to build experience across the breadth of sub-solutions GRC provides;
- Enterprise Risk Management designing and implementing risk management frameworks to help Boards identify, assess and manage the most significant risks in their organisation.
- Ethics and compliance helping clients embed ethical culture & behaviour, underpinned by robust compliance infrastructure & technology.
- Control design and implementation working with clients to develop and maintain robust internal controls over their key business processes.
- Learning and behaviours helping clients improve organisational culture and workforce capability with a broad focus across functions including; finance, internal audit, risk, compliance, controls and IT
- Financial Assurance enabling clients to develop the depth of skills and insights that help them establish Finance as a leading force within their organisation.
- Key skills and experience include
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in at least one of our core solutions
- Enterprise risk management, Ethics and Compliance, or control design and implementation
- Your experience will have been gained from working in a large professional services company, however we will also consider experience from a leading FTSE 100 (or equivalent size) organisation;
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects, managing your time effectively to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines;
- A degree level qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience;
- A willingness to learn new skills and help develop and innovate new client propositions;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and good report writing skills;
- Possession of strong team working skills;
- Strong business awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative; and
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills.
- Awareness and experience of risk-based control identification and assessment methodologies, e.g. as part of an audit or process review.
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of how complex organisations operate.
- Strong analytical, logic and problem-solving skills.
- Good project management and organisational abilities.
- Focused and able to take initiative (required to maximise growth potential).
- Able to build strong relationships and work effectively in teams with clients and PwC colleagues.
- Able to work autonomously without the need for day-to-day direct oversight.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Strong report- (MS Word) and presentation- (PowerPoint) writing and delivery.
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- We're looking for motivated, passionate and enthusiastic individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team, with a portfolio of varied assignments and with significant possibilities to progress within the firm
Individuals may apply who are
- Enthusiastic and creative about developing themselves and others.
- Motivated to take ownership of project delivery and confident to work independently when required.
- Keen to develop their agility and develop a versatile skill-set across multiple value propositions.
- Highly confident and resilient, comfortable asserting themselves with senior client stakeholders.
- Able to take a simultaneously methodical and innovative approach to problem-solving and delivery of client solutions, employing lateral thinking and making the connections others may not.
- In possession of strong inter-personal communication skills confident presenting complex ideas using simple messaging and with the ability to build trust and rapport with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Curious about how current affairs and global mega-trends intersect with business and passionate about ethics, values and compliance.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Management Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)