Exeter, Devon (office/field based, with travel throughout the South-West)
Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. We are a leading developer of affordable and social housing and from Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities.
As well as owning more than 36,000 homes, we are developing 1,000 new homes each year, with ambitious plans to build 16,000 new homes over the next ten years.
We are now looking for a Compliance Manager to join our passionate team and ensure we continue to operate to the highest standards.
- Salary of £42,000 per annum
- Car allowance (£3,200 per annum)
- Pension (choice of defined benefit or defined contribution)
- Join an innovative business at an exciting time
- Package of other great benefits in keeping with a premium employer
This is a superb opportunity to take on your next challenge and support the success of an organisation that is helping to create communities across the South-West.
From the shores of Cornwall to the Gloucestershire hills, we have rock solid foundations with the scale and vision to build real social change in our region, one front door at a time.
Joining this forward-thinking business, you will have the chance to deliver services that are making a positive, lasting impact on people’s lives and are building better neighbourhoods.
As the Compliance Manager, you will ensure that LiveWest’s properties comply with relevant regulations.
Your role will oversee the compliance services for a number of areas, including but not limited to lifts, lifting equipment, legionella, air conditioning, sewage treatment plants, pumping stations, PAT Testing, solid fuel systems, lightning conductors and radon.
You will guide and motivate a Compliance Team, including two Contract Managers, and will manage our compliance processes, systems and KPIs.
Covering sites across the South-West, you will:
- Undertake regular site visits to inspect works in progress
- Maintain frequent contact with customers regarding work being carried out
- Prepare specifications and contract documentation for tenders
- Carry out reporting and budget management
- Ensure that any complaints are swiftly dealt with
To join us as a Compliance Manager, you’ll need:
- Extensive property compliance experience from a technical management perspective, including an understanding of the built environment
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team and adopting coaching skills
- Experience of working at a similar level within an RSL (Registered Social Landlord), local or public authority or private practice in the asset management and surveying function
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and/or legislation
- An understanding of H&S legislation, ACOPs, regulations and compliance regarding the management of housing and the construction industry
- Knowledge of lettings and the management of maintenance contracts and service providers, including developing formal specifications, contracts and technical information and managing H&S
- Knowledge of procurement, including contract tendering
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Property Compliance Manager, Housing Compliance Manager, Construction Compliance Manager, Housing Construction Manager,
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next move as a Compliance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.