Contracts Manager – Compliance
Contracts Manager – Compliance
Exeter, Devon (office/field based, covering the South-West)
Now is an exciting time to join LiveWest, the largest housing provider in the South-West. We are a leading developer of affordable and social housing and from Cornwall to Gloucestershire, we are making a real difference for people and communities.
As well as owning more than 36,000 homes, we are developing 1,000 new homes each year, with ambitious plans to build 16,000 new homes over the next ten years.
We’re now seeking a Contracts Manager to join our team and deliver contracts that are involved with a number of key compliance areas.
- Salary of £32,242 per annum
- Car allowance
- Pension with choice of scheme
- Additional benefits package
This is the ideal opportunity for a housing and maintenance professional with a range of associated skills to take on a fresh challenge with our leading housing organisation.
You’ll discover a supportive network of colleagues and plenty of variety in your day-to-day work as well as learning and development opportunities that will see your skills grown and your future worth enhanced.
As a Contracts Manager, you will be tasked with managing and delivering contacts that sit within a number of key compliance areas. These include but are not limited to lifts, legionella, PAT testing, sewage treatment plants, pumping stations, solid fuel systems, lightning conductors and radon.
Typically, you will attend site and contractor meetings, audit completed work, meet with residents to resolve their issues and check both compliance and financial documentation.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing services and compliance
- Preparing and compiling specifications and contact documentation for tenders
- Creating safety plans and risk assessments
- Consulting and updating customers
- Dealing with customer complaints properly
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure
- Maintaining your knowledge of regulations, legislation and general contract management and procurement
To be considered as a Contracts Manager, you will need:
- Extensive domestic dwelling experience from a technical management perspective, demonstrating understanding of the built environment
- Experience with letting and the management of maintenance contracts and service providers, including developing formal specifications, contracts and technical information and managing health & safety
- Experience of working at a similar level within a RSL (Registered Social Landlord), local or public authority, or private practice, involved in the asset management and surveying function
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, ACOPs, regulations and compliance pertaining to the management of housing and the construction industry
- Knowledge of property compliance regulations and/or legislation
- The proven ability to deliver multiple services and projects on time and within budget including budget planning and reporting
- Knowledge of procurement, including contract tendering
An HNC level qualification or equivalent in a relevant field would be beneficial to your application. An M&E or construction apprenticeship would also be an advantage, as would evidence of any CPD in fire property compliance safety management.
Other organisations may call this role Contracts Manager, Building Services Contracts Manager, Building Services Manager, Maintenance Contracts Manager, Building Maintenance Contracts Manager, or Compliance Contracts Manager.
Webrecruit and LiveWest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for a new, exciting role as a Contracts Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.