Expatriate Tax Compliance - Client Portfolio Lead
About the team
In response to market demands and client needs, the Tax practice is in the process of transforming its Tax Compliance proposition and Tax Compliance delivery model. Central to our plans for the future within each of our three service streams (Corporate, Personal and Global Mobility compliance) is the Client Portfolio Lead role. This is a senior role within the Tax Compliance business and successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work on high profile client assignments alongside Tax Compliance and other Tax staff across the wider practice as we re-define our approach to delivering our services
About the role
In this role you’ll:
- Work with Resourcing and other compliance staff to ensure that the client is set up within the relevant systems and that work on the client is resourced responsively throughout the compliance cycle
- Ensure that any transitional activities relating to PwC acting for the client in the first year are undertaken
- Generate and agree scope, calculate draft costs and budgets, devise timetable. Activities to be performed in conjunction with client and relationship team.
- Conduct internal review of scope, budget, timetable and resourcing year on year and ensure that systems are updated for any changes. Activities to be performed in conjunction and in agreement with client and relationship team.
- Conduct external review of client information and ensure that the client is able to provide necessary details
- Agree the approach to be used for data collection during scoping, liaising with the Data Management team throughout Data Exchange
- Reviewing the format of data requests and missing information requests with the relevant compliance staff at each stage of the cycle.
- Dealing with queries raised by client and the team in relation to missing information requests.
- Agree tax technical positions for returns as required including any liaison with specialist teams. Ensure scope/budget is updated accordingly for use of specialists.
- Ensure that the reviewer and other staff have reviewed all information and followed procedures followed so that the return can be delivered to the client and then e-filed to HMRC. This includes any client consent and co-ordination of re-work of returns (with Reviewer)
- Assess the impact of any scope change on timetable, budget, resourcing and risk throughout the compliance cycle. Liaise with client and relationship over changes and review and update any documentation accordingly
- Be the first point of contact for Relationship team, data team and compliance team and facilitate how each team works together
- Planning flow of work to offshore team at taxpayer level and based upon timing of work, terms of engagement.
- Coaching and developing other staff
- Sharing technical and practical knowledge through own team
- Budget management
- Managing senior responsibility for and communicating with a mixed portfolio of clients varying from large engagements to HNW individuals with complex international tax affairs.
- Provision of quarterly payment advice as agreed in scope
- Monitoring and tracking progress of client portfolio and provision of regular updates to client taxpayers and relationship teams
- Opportunity spotting for related PwC services and helping clients to manage their tax risk.
- Dealing with a mixed portfolio of clients varying from large engagements to HNW individuals with complex international tax affairs.
- Communicating with internal client teams, both within the Regional Process Team and the UK Regional International Mobility practice.
- Deal with incoming HMRC correspondence as required, reverting to Relationship teams for any necessary actions.
- Manage payment on account process for client including any client updates, tracking of amounts to be paid, capturing payment for inclusion in subsequent year
Essential skills and experience
- The successful candidate will possess initiative and enthusiasm and will show the ability to work in and contribute to the team and will possess the personal skills needed to form successful relationships. The successful candidate will have the majority of the following skills and experience:
- Be ACA, ATT or CTA qualified.
- Strong UK corporate or personal tax skills.
- UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and can adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs.
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers, including partners and senior client personnel.
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities.
- Be an effective delegator, strong at coaching junior staff.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a growing business that offers exposure to an unrivalled range of clients and specialist tax areas. We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits.
Who we’re looking for
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.