Head of Compliance & MLRO
Currently recruiting on behalf of a start up Boutique Hedge Fund based in Mayfair for a Head of Compliance & MLRO to join their business. The role will be part of a small team and will cover all elements of compliance, data protection, and running proprietor trading funds. The role would be ideally suited to someone looking to make the move into a challenging role and someone who has been a CF10/CF11.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for CF10 and CF11 functions, compliance and AML for the high net worth team in London (Onboarding, AML, regulatory reporting etc.)
- To ensure that the firm complies with all regulatory, legal and Industry Body requirements placed upon it by all the appropriate authorities/acts, through the effective provision and maintenance of Policy guidelines, appropriate monitoring programmes, compliance reviews and associated management reporting.
- To act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the Firm. Responsible for provision and maintenance of Policy guidelines, the company AML framework and Financial Crime Risk Assessment. Responsible for evaluation of and submission of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) via relevant authorities including FCA, NCA (including NCA consent requests where appropriate) and Action Fraud.
- To act as Data Protection Officer for the Firm, advising the business matters relating to Data Protection regulation and overseeing compliance with said legislation and regulatory requirements.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in Compliance at a senior level ideally within the Private Equity Hedge fund space.
- Experience in products; fixed income, FX, equities
- Degree educated and ideally someone who has worked in a large entity; Bank, Investment Management firm