Data Governance Director
Refinitiv Cyber Security & Technology Risk (CSTR) team is looking for an experienced individual to lead the Data Governance function. The Data Governance Director within CSTR performs a key role in developing and overseeing the enterprise-wide data governance for Refinitiv and for satisfying the obligations to Refinitiv customers.
A key component of the role is to define the requirements, controls, and overall compliance requirements that Refinitiv entities, products, applications and services are obligated to.
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to operate in the fast-paced and dynamic world of cyber security and risk; with experience interpreting regulations, leading gap assessments, designing policies & processes to achieve compliance. Additionally, they will have experience delivering security or data governance programs, in a matrixed global environment and doing so in a timely, efficient manner.
- Develop Data Governance Policies, procedures & tools for Refinitiv globally. This includes requirements for Data Classification, Data Management, Retention & Disposal.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and customer requirements for data governance (including changes/updates) across the global landscape.
- Lead the building and execution of the Data Governance program in alignment with Refinitiv business activities & CSTR strategy.
- Establish, implement and maintain capabilities to conduct in-depth analysis of data from disparate sources.
- Plan and oversee assessments against data governance requirements. This includes managing processes for provisioning access to Confidential data and managing the team of Data Governance Analysts.
- Ensure assessment findings are prioritized and remediated in a timely manner using approved solutions and processes.
- Perform initial and ongoing benchmarking of the enterprise-wide data governance program. Lead the efforts to attain continuous improvement against the stated aims of the program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners in Technology, Business Proposition, Compliance and General Counsel Teams.
- Develop key operational and program level metrics to measure implementation of policies, maturity of the program and ongoing activities.
- Support Refinitiv business strategy by providing advice and guidance on strategic projects and programs.
- Assist in the development of employee and third-party training & awareness programs.
- Leverage project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating project execution within a matrix organisation.
- Coordinates executive & leadership governance committee meetings, including presenting on the statuses of initiatives, risks and maturity.
- Deliver additional activities as defined by Senior Leadership.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer or Data Science or appropriate Business-related discipline
- Substantial experience in Business/Data Analysis, Information Security and/or overseeing data governance programs.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for data governance e.g. GDPR, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, CCPA and industry practices related to data management and processes.
- Critical thinking and thorough analyses to provide decision support and guidance to Refinitiv businesses, customers and executives.
- Experienced effective negotiation and influence skills to drive change and ensure effectiveness of policies, strategy and governance.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively at executive levels.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including usage of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong team player with ability to execute in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Industry related certifications such as, CIPP/T or CIPP/M
- Proven business acumen with a successful track record in aligning to business drivers
- Experience of GRC solutions
- Experience of implementing a Data Governance program
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us
More searches like this
- Compliance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Cyber Security Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Corporate Governance & GRC Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Technology Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £150,000 or more jobs in Nottinghamshire