Classification Compliance Manager or Senior Manager
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) offers the newly created position of a full-time Classification Compliance Manager or Senior Manager (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, as soon as possible. For this position, we will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis. The successful candidate may be subject to a personal background check.
About the IPC
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission.
The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We supervise the organisation of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for 10 Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically-elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly.
The IPC is a purpose-driven non-profit association. Our mission is to lead the Paralympic Movement, oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and support members to enable Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The IPC Classification Compliance Manager/Senior Manager (subject to experience) reports to the IPC Classification Senior Manager and will be responsible to support the development and lead on the implementation of the IPC Athlete Classification Code Compliance Strategy.
Core responsibilities include:
- Review and support the development of the IPC Athlete Classification Code Compliance Strategy.
- Develop and manage IF and NPC Classification Code Compliance monitoring programme.
- Support the development and manage effective action plans in response to compliance audit discoveries.
- Support any reviews of the IPC Athlete Classification Code and related documents.
- Liaise with the IPC Classification Committee.
- Lead and manage a small team of dedicated professionals (a dedicated co-ordinator and volunteer workforce).
- Be accountable for the work done across the Classification Code Compliance portfolio.
- Develop rapport, establish partnerships, and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, International Federations, National Paralympic Committees, officials and volunteers, advisory groups, and IPC departments.
Core requirements include:
- Passion for the IPC’s vision, mission and values.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- University degree in business management, sport management, law, audit or a similar field, or relevant experience.
- Proven and effective experience in a compliance role or similar.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to occasionally travel internationally.
- In-depth knowledge of the IPC Athlete Classification Code and International standards.
- Familiarity with Para sports classification systems.
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf format via the form below. Please clarify whether you are applying for a manager or a senior manager role.
We especially encourage individuals with an impairment to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation. For further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website.
Thank you for your consideration.
Apply for Classification Compliance Manager or Senior Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly