Senior Quality & Compliance Coordinator
2 days left
Frugi is the UK's bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 25% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 25 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children's charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
In 2019 we partnered with TotsBots with whom we share the same values and principles around ethics and sustainability. Through this partnership we are able to bring the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands together, expanding our product offering and our team.
We have been awarded 3 Queens Awards, been earmarked by both the Best Companies 'Ones to Watch' list and The Sunday Times Fast Track 'Ones to Watch' list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards for 3 consecutive years, expanded to more than 100 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, accelerated our turnover year after year, donated over GBP720k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it???
With a background in Garment Quality and Compliance you'll be highly experienced in bringing globally compliant and best quality product to market. With experience and knowledge of product testing methods and requirements for global territories particularly UK, EU, USA, Saudi Arabia and Australia, you'll know exactly how to bring our products to new international territories. You'll be brimming with ideas to continue to improve quality processes both internally and through the supply base. You'll be knowledgeable in product safety standards and requirements of childrens' products and have lots of experience working with an international supply base. You'll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Your Role in a Nutshell
As a Senior Quality & Compliance Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring that Frugi delivers on its promise to have the best quality product, made by an entirely ethical supply chain for our global brand and market place, that performs beautifully and exceeds our customers' expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage the QC team and Supply Chain to ensure that Frugi's product expectations are met throughout all stages, from fabric development to garment production and delivery standards.
- Create and maintain a fabric/ product testing manual ensuring all relevant product legislation is captured and updated as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all changes to testing legislation and product safety requirements affecting Frugi products are communicated to and followed by the relevant teams.
- Review each season's range and create the risk assessment documents, ensuring that all teams and suppliers are aware of potential issues with action plans set.
- Manage Frugi's GOTs certification requirements, including the annual Frugi audit and the seasonal application of labelling.
- Manage the seasonal QC process, working alongside the Technical Manager, to ensure all products meet Frugi quality and ethical standards and that QC requirements for the season are accurately predicted, managed and measured.
- Manage all safety standards and policies appropriate for Frugi products for every product, ensuring all areas of the Supply Chain fully understand Frugi's requirements end to end.
- Manage Supplier audits, both internal and 3 rd Party, and follow up CAPs as required.
- Manage Frugi's Seasonal testing budget and maintain relationships with test houses and negotiate Frugi discounts.
- Highly experienced in Quality Control and Compliance.
- Detailed knowledge of product testing including in depth knowledge of testing methods and requirements for global territories particularly UK, EU, USA, Saudi Arabia and Australia.
- In depth knowledge of fabric types, applicable uses and performance.
- In-depth understanding of product requirements for childrenswear products, including safety requirements and legal standards in UK and across key global territories including USA, Saudi and Australia.
- Knowledge of Organic Cotton or GOTS an advantage.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, able to complex formula, pivot tables, data analysis, checking integrity, data extraction.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the business - written and verbal, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous experience in writing testing protocols and manuals for suppliers to cover UK, EU and other global territory standards.
- Previous experience in managing QC teams in UK and globally.
- Previous experience in dealing with a global supply chain, especially India and other key international supply regions (China, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Portugal and UK).
- In depth knowledge and experience of working with Global Customers and specific territory requirements.
What's in it for you?
- We're offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We'll invest in you with a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience.
- We'll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities.
- We offer fabulous career progression - as we grow, you'll grow too!
- If we have a good year, we'll share our profits with the team.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We'll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We'll invite you to take part in our award-winning health & wellbeing activities.
- We hold regular team events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things Frugi - so go for it!!
Closing date: 30 th September 2020. We'll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers...... click apply for full job details