Senior Compliance Manager
The Compliance function is responsible for supporting ZINT's management in promoting an ethics-based culture, providing advice and giving assurance that compliance risks are appropriately identified and managed.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of compliance programs.
- Drives the design, build and implementation of the annual compliance plan.
- Ensures oversight and team delivery of the assurance plan and remedial actions across AML and compliance related risks.
- Subject matter expert in providing advice and guidance to management and employees on matters relating to compliance risk.
- Supports project work relating to area of expertise within the Compliance function and /or in cross functional projects.
- Provides reports to Executive management, oversight committees and regulators.
- Oversees and implements compliance policies, training and procedures.
- Provides compliance advice on regulatory developments.
- Manages compliance with Data Protection regulations.
- The management, motivation and development of a team of compliance professionals.
- Supports and works in a collaborative manner with branch and regional compliance teams.
Your skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of the Isle of Man FSA regulatory environment and preferably the international regulatory environment.
- Operational compliance management experience preferably with significant exposure to insurance.
- Hold a professional recognised compliance qualification.
- Strong understanding of Data Protection and Anti Money Laundering regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability to communicate effectively and confidently with internal and external stakeholder at all levels across numerous locations.
- Model behaviours that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Highly organised and motivated and able to create and work in a collaborative environment.
- Proven leadership and people manager experience.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and forward thinking.
- Customer focused.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. As well as this we have brand new bespoke, state-of- the- art headquarters where we have free on-site car parking.
Who we are:
Zurich International is headquartered in the Isle of Man and there are approximately 250 employees based in our Douglas-based office.
Zurich International was established in 1982, and over those 35 plus years our business model has evolved to accommodate the changing needs of insurance for both retail and corporate customers. Zurich International now focuses on offering protection and unit-linked propositions worldwide for approx. 270,000 international mobile and domestic affluent customers in its respective markets.
Zurich International supports markets in Europe, Middle East & Asia (EMEA) operating through branches in Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain, Hong Kong and Argentina. In total, Zurich International manages over $10bn of funds for both retail and corporate customers.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, sex, gender identity, race, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/parental and mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us...... click apply for full job details