Location: Swindon (but with flexibility to consider other locations)
A fantastic opportunity to join the UK Compliance team as a Compliance Assurance Consultant. You will be responsible for supporting the business with understanding and adhering regulatory requirements and support identification, assessment and reporting regulatory risks within the Zurich UK business.
You will deliver technical and regulatory services and expertise to relevant business areas, as well as supporting your colleagues within Compliance. You will help to embed regulatory discipline within the business, manage and review compliance risks and advise on the design of appropriate controls and monitoring.
Other activities may include interaction with key outsourcers, supporting Compliance reporting as well as development and implementation of an effective Monitoring Plan. Once established, there is also the opportunity for the job holder to contribute to the wider activities and teams across the department (e.g. Data Protection or Anti-Money Laundering).
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren't available full-time.
The key accountabilities of the Compliance Assurance Consultant role are:
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews of end to end processes to identify exposures in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan, preparing detailed reports on findings and making recommendations for remedial action where necessary
- Reviewing and reporting on the company's level of compliance with the regulators rules and guidance, including the systems and controls in operation to ensure compliance and mitigation of conduct risk
- Proactively develop and maintain relevant technical knowledge
- Improve compliance standards by the provision of clear guidance and fair challenge
- Ensure that regulatory requirements and the customer are at the heart of everything we do
- Liaise with and influence internal Senior Management and external third parties
- Share expertise and knowledge both internally and within the business
- Escalate any identified issues to Senior Management
- Deputise for management as necessary
- Input to the development of the risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Proactively make recommendations to mitigate underlying exposure and/or resolve any identified issues
- Develop an understanding of business drivers by understanding internal and external stakeholders' priorities, constraints
Your skills and experience:
Solid experience in a similar Compliance related role within the P&C / General Insurance Industry . Ideally you will also either hold a qualification or be willing to work towards this.
An in-depth and detailed knowledge of the General Insurance, the UK regulatory and governance framework and EU passporting regime is essential. In particular you should have good knowledge of the FCA Handbook and the Financial Services & Markets Act and good working knowledge of the PRA Handbook and other relevant legislation.
- The ability to complete reviews/audits objectively and based on evidence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can identify and assess Compliance risks
- Awareness of financial crime and money laundering risks
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes -
- 12% Non Contributory pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday (potential to purchase more) plus an additional 3 Charity volunteering days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private medical cover
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage/civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us...... click apply for full job details