Compliance Officer (VP) FTC 12 Months
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* have been mandated by our client, a leading commodities broker, to assist in their search for a Compliance Officer (VP).
This position is a Fixed Term contract for 12 months.
My client has a fantastic reputation for providing an exciting and collegiate environment in which to work.
Reporting into the Head of Regulatory Compliance, you will primarily be responsible for maintaining and developing the AML compliance program as well as being involved in further interesting adhoc projects.
Responsibilities (give a general description of responsibilities & duties):
- Further develop and enhance the enterprise-wide compliance framework and actively monitor and maintain compliance with its regulatory requirements
- Manage the Group’s day-to-day approach to compliance with AML requirements, supporting the MLROs and providing advice and guidance to onboarding and other functions with onboarding/due diligence matters, including through review of processes and procedures and focussed training.
- Complete the Group’s annual Financial Crime and Tax Evasion Risk Assessment and remediation of findings.
- Operate the formal program of internal compliance testing to ensure adherence to compliance requirements and undertake the testing as required.
- Ensure that potential issues identified through compliance testing are investigated and reported, with mitigation plans put in place for timely resolution.
- Manage training and communication program, maintaining a dynamic approach to the adoption of new styles/content as regulatory expectations change.
- Ensure the consistency of the compliance programme with Group compliance policies and procedures
- Formulate, deliver and review the compliance policies in accordance with regulatory and legal obligations
- Work closely and cooperatively with the business, to ensure that all business, operational and technology areas have a clear understanding and ownership of their compliance obligations
- Assist in developing and enhancing the business in a legally-compliant manner
- Provide support for the business on compliance obligations as necessary
- Work closely with parent company compliance team and other teams as necessary, to ensure that policies and processes are aligned, are not duplicative, and are streamlined to be as business-friendly as possible across all entities.
- Excellent academic record
Knowledge and Experience Required – (specify how much experience and level required):
- Significant experience of working in compliance within Financial Services
- Knowledge of and practical experience of existing UK compliance requirements is essential, especially around testing of controls and procedures.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with other relevant legislation, e.g. money laundering, anti-bribery, whistle blowing is essential
- Knowledge and practical experience of REC (FCA Handbook in relation to RIEs) and EMIR (in relation to CCPs) is not essential but highly desirable
Skills Required – (i.e. system skills, communications skills)
- Practical and methodical with an analytical mind-set
- Excellent communication (including written communication) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and implement improvements in the department’s processes
- Ability to tailor messaging to different audiences at all levels of seniority
- Ability to interpret and solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team and to be able to prioritise work and to manage expectations
- Ability to manage and mentor junior members of the team and encourage good practice generally
- Ability to manage a number of different matters simultaneously
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and reasoned judgement at all times
Basic salary for this role is paying circa 95K - 115K per annum + bonus + benefits.
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk!