Senior Group Compliance Officer
As we move into an exciting phase of transformation within the organisation we are looking to recruit a Senior Group Compliance Officer. Attached to our Leeds office and with a global reach the purpose of the role is to lead the fostering of a member-focused and appropriate compliance culture across the MPS Group which supports the delivery of financial security of our membership fund. This requires the development and management of effective and appropriate compliance and control frameworks to ensure the business remains within agreed risk appetite as set by the Council.
- Development and delivery of the risk and compliance strategy and performance
- Work with multiple stakeholders to ensure transformation programmes comply with the FCA handbook
- Provide advice and support to ensure the organisation is compliant
- Lead, design and implement a compliance framework
- Ensure training, competence and performance of all colleagues in risk and compliance
Please see the role profile for full details.
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate must have compliance experience within a regulated insurance setting
- Detailed knowledge of FCA/PRA rulebooks
- Good understanding of Insurance Distribution Directive
- Knowledge of Lloyds minimum standards would be desirable
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- Car allowance of £4,670
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.