Deputy Data Protection Officer (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Deputy Data Protection Officer (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Competitive Salary + Progression Opportunities + Training & Development + Employee Share Plan + Company Pension + Excellent Working Culture
Founded in 1978, Computershare employs over 12,000 people across the globe, providing services in over 22 countries to more than 16,000 clients. With a market capitalisation value of over $7 billion, Computershare has a group turnover of over $2 billion per annum. A global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation, mortgage/loans services and communications, we also specialise in a range of other diversified financial and governance services and are a trusted partner of the UK Government.
Computershare is renowned for its expertise in data management, high volume transaction processing, payments and communications. Many of the world’s leading organisations use these core competencies to help maximise the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors, members and customers.
Our vision is to leverage our global network, specialised technology, local and global financial markets expertise and unsurpassed service levels to keep Computershare at the forefront of the industry. As the perfect partner for organisations seeking consolidated tailored solutions and superior service, we constantly strive to widen the gap in quality between us and our competitors.
We have three key values that drive everything we do:
- Certainty – Count on us to deliver every time
- Ingenuity – Look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions
- Advantage – Unlock your competitive advantage
About the Role
The Deputy Data Protection Officer (DDPO) role will primarily support the investor services businesses and provide cover for the loan services business in supporting the Data Protection officer for UCI businesses.
The roleholder will engage with senior management, clients and other external stakeholders to develop and deliver the data protection framework within the region and support Computershare’s compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
The DDPO assists the DPO in developing and embedding the Privacy Framework within the UCI region, assessing the design and operating effectiveness controls and delivering training/awareness to teams within the business.
The DDPO will be required to work closely with first line senior management and external stakeholders and is responsible for the coordination and effective delivery of the Data Protection Advisory Group.
The DDPO will ensure that privacy incident reporting and PIA processes are operating effectively and will provide insight in relation to these processes to management.
The Deputy DPO will assist the DPO with the following:
- Assessing the design and operating effectiveness of Computershare’s systems and controls across the UCI region in relation to Data Protection (DP).
- Ensuring that all staff members receive appropriate DP training and promoting DP awareness throughout the business.
- Coordination and effective delivery of the Data Protection Advisory Group (DPAG) and other relevant committee meetings.
- Delivery of management information internally and to clients relating to DP.
- Engagement with business projects to ensure that privacy requirements are considered and solutions are developed based on a privacy by design approach.
- Development and oversight of the DP Framework (policy, standards and procedures).
- Provision of technical support to the business on matters relating to DP (including client interaction).
- Creating effective relationships with Senior Management and business unit heads to facilitate the delivery of objectives as determined by the DPO.
- Assessing and monitoring DP breaches and complaints received to ensure that breaches are reported as required and that any corrective action is taken as appropriate.
- Monitoring changes in DP regulation and externally reported breaches.
Working for Computershare
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees.
We also offer 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan and a flexible employee benefits scheme which also includes the option to buy additional annual leave.
Keeping our Employees Safe
We’re currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we’re following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.
A Truly Diverse Place to Work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
At Computershare, we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services PLC is registered in England and Wales No 3498808 and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE.
More searches like this
- Compliance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol
- Cyber Security Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol
- Other Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol
- Regulation Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol
- Compliance & Regulation Technology, ICT & Telecoms £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol