Prudential Compliance Consultant
About the role
We have a great opportunity to join our Operational Risk and Prudential Compliance team in a Prudential Compliance Consultant role based at Stratford-Upon-Avon. You will play an integral part in helping to ensure the business is meeting current prudential regulatory requirements. This is a close-knit and supportive team that is passionate about your development and has opportunities to develop in the future.
Our Risk department supports the business with risk management, governance and prudential compliance by implementing, promoting and supporting strategies and frameworks to highlight risks and recommend improvements to stakeholders. Some key accountabilities will include:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders and the prudential regulators to ensure the effective delivery of the Group’s risk and business objectives.
- Investigate, challenge and advise on the approach to compliance and highlight areas of concern, making recommendations for improvement to stakeholders, in line with prudential regulatory requirements.
- Analyse, interpret and explain prudential regulatory requirements to key internal stakeholders to ensure the Group is fully aware of its regulatory responsibilities, to facilitate risk-based business decision making and ensure the Group is meeting its regulatory obligations.
- Present MI on risks and issues related to relevant business stakeholders, governance committees and the prudential regulators to inform business decision making and meet our regulatory reporting requirements.
- Facilitate regulatory change initiatives to ensure ongoing compliance with developments in regulatory requirements.
What we're looking for
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for you to have the following experience and skills:
- Interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build and develop relationships.
- Organisational skills to ensure actions are taken in line with deadlines.
- Enthusiasm to learn and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience influencing different stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Exposure to reading and digesting substantial regulatory/industry publications and identifying and interpreting the key elements.
- Experience collating, analysing and reporting data for a variety of different customers.
- Success at identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Experience of financial services compliance, financial risk, or regulatory compliance environments.
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry.
- Requirement: 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths
- Desirable: Degree / qualification (or working towards) related to Insurance or Risk
What we can offer
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallop Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021. When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution. At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers’ financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.
Closing date: 30th June 2021.
More searches like this
- Compliance Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Insurance £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom