Senior Compliance Assurance Consultant
£40,000 - £55,000 + On target bonus of 16% up to 32% + Pension & Flexible Benefits
Flexible Location – Edinburgh or Birmingham
At Phoenix Group we’re passionate about helping people achieve a more secure and sustainable future. With circa 14 million policies, we make a difference to the lives of millions of people as the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. Join us now and you’ll grow with us as we build on our success.
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Compliance Assurance Consultant to join our Conduct and Compliance Assurance team to provide advice, independent opinion and assurance in alignment with the Group Risk's Mission to promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders.
We welcome discussion on how we can work flexibly to enable you to thrive in your role. Whilst we have some flexibility on location there would be a requirement to meet, engage and collaborate with stakeholders at our office hubs on a regular basis and as the work requires. This may be typically 2 to 3 days a week.
This is an exciting time to join the Conduct and Compliance function as we extend our activity across the expanded Group. We have a critical role to play in helping the business safely manage outcomes for existing customers and in ensuring that appropriate second line assurance and oversight is in place as the Group executes its plans to expand its open business.
- Plan, undertake and deliver all types of compliance assurance reviews in line with current team processes. This includes interacting with senior management within the business and, where relevant, outsourced service providers.
- Deliver reviews efficiently and within agreed timeframes.
- Draft reports to a standard appropriate for board level review.
- Ensure that where management actions are identified that these are tracked to resolution and escalated where necessary.
- Provide regular updates and support to the Head of Assurance in reporting to key committees as required for Compliance Monitoring.
- Lead more junior compliance assurance consultants in the conduct of reviews and other conduct and compliance related tasks.
- Contribute to wider Conduct and Compliance and Group Risk projects, as required.
What We’re Looking For
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in a Compliance Monitoring/Assurance role or Internal Audit background.
- Strong understanding of financial services, specifically Life and Pensions and/or Asset Management knowledge, as well as and knowledge of product administration processes and outsourced service arrangements.
- Strong knowledge of the Statutory and Regulatory framework applicable, including FCA, TPR and PRA rules and guidance.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and adapt to the changes in demand and priority.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Customer and conduct risk focussed.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be self-directing.
- Strong team working, influencing and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and On boarding
All our interviews, on boarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing Date: 29th June 2021
More searches like this
- Assurance Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Insurance £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom