The candidate must have strong compliance principles.
Culture – your strong ethical approach must be transpired to all staff to promote a companywide strong culture of good compliance.
Client On boarding
- Responsible for the policy and procedures – updating where necessary, senior management sign off, communication and distribution.
- KYC checks for both UK and Overseas Individuals and Corporates.
- Ability to recognise risk factors of the data, ability to set questions/challenges to the potential client that need to be addressed.
- Ability to use internet sources to gather useful information to build client profiles. (companies house/overseas company registers, linkedin, google maps)
- Understand the purpose of sanction lists, the different lists for different jurisdictions and where they can be found.
- Understand the actions required for a positive or false positive match, and the investigation methods required to make a decision.
- Maintaining up to date and monitoring client files (address, ID, corporate ownership), as well as the trading profile.
- Keep the SGM-FX e-system up to date
- Pre, real time and post monitoring.
- ensuring transactions fit within client profiles.
- ensuring that we have an understanding for the purpose of all transactions.
- 3rd party receipts and 3rd party payment protocols.
- Knowledge of supporting documentation to request/accept.
- Ability to recognise suspicious/unusual activity. Responsibility to report this to the authorities.
- Regular interaction with Senior Management to review and set company risk appetite (prohibited sectors)
- Knowledge of high-risk jurisdiction and sector types.
- Ability to sort/categorise high risk clients and regularly review them.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff have regular AML training and have a competent understanding of AML and CTF.
- Extensive knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the Payments Services Regulations – including safeguarding, segregating.
- An understanding of the Data Protection Act.
- An understanding of the international compliance framework
- Up to date with regulatory change and developments both in the UK and internationally.
- Ability to interact where necessary with our regulators (FCA and HMRC).
- Ability to liaise with our banking partners during compliance visits/reviews.
- Responsible for identifying and understanding the nature of the complaint, collating the required data from a variety of sources, resolving the complaint and producing a final response.
Staff Compliance guidance
- Ability and knowledge to answer staff and client ad hoc compliance queries.
- Responsible for providing and communicating compliance guidance information for all staff.
- Responsible for communicating regulatory or company policy change to all staff.
This role is office based