Risk & Compliance Officer - Open Banking
A FTSE 100 Financial Services organsation based in Dublin Ireland has a unique opportunity for a Risk & Compliance Officer to establish and lead a fully dedicated EU Open Banking business unit.
This is a highly visible leadership role that will span across the full spectrum of strategic and operational activities related to risk and regulatory compliance in a rapidly evolving EU market.
The role can be offered as homeworking for an individual residing in the Republic of Ireland.
- Ensure the risk and compliance function is supporting and challenging the business in conducting all business activities in accordance with regulatory requirements and values
- Plan and facilitate periodic Risk Committees with Board of Directors and additional stakeholders
- With the support of the 1st Line of Defence; manage EIL's performance and management of key compliance risks such as GDPR risk, PSD2 risk etc
- Develop and implement training and education programmes addressing compliance and risks faced, that are tailored for each function (according to the three lines of defence model)
- Ensure that compliance policies and procedures are established, maintained and implemented to promote compliance and to protect customers' best interests
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all levels of management and other governance areas
- Identify budget needs for the risk and compliance function in Ireland and operate within those budgets
- In line with the approach for EMEA Compliance; design, plan and document the annual Risk & Compliance plan and set the standards for execution
- Develop a positive and open relationship with the Central Bank of Ireland and other regulators and be able to shape the agenda with regulators
- Responsible for regulatory reporting to the Central bank of Ireland and other regulators and government authorities, responding to queries and participating/coordinating regulatory engagements.
- Support to all PCFs and monitoring of fitness and probity and registration of Pre-approved Control Functions and Controlled Functions and also the oversight of risk and compliance and AML/CTF outsourced arrangements, contracts, SLAs etc to ensure arrangements with outsourced service providers are functioning as agreed.
- Liaise with other second and third line of defence functions to coordinate assurance activity, including Information Security, Business Continuity and Internal Audit
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a senior legal, compliance and/or risk management role (first or second line of defence) Demonstrated experience in developing and/or working within risk and compliance programmes, especially in a three lines of defence environment
- Experience of working within an organisation regulated by a Financial Services Regulator (e.g. UK Financial Conduct Authority, Central Bank of Ireland)
- Exposure to open banking
- Strategic and flexible thinker but balanced with tactical execution in an agile and non-bureaucratic manner
- Experience working with senior management to advise, challenge and influence enterprise risk and compliance management activities
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for AISP Licenced activities would be advantageous
This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic risk and compliance professional with the drive to set up and lead a new Open Banking unit in Dublin that will control this area across the EU, for a blue-chip FTSE 100 financial services organisation. For further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Ireland
- Risk Management Financial Services €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Ireland
- Corporate Governance & GRC Financial Services €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Ireland
- Regulation Financial Services €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Ireland
- Risk Financial Services €100,000 - €149,999 jobs in Ireland