Senior Assurance Manager
Ofgem works on behalf of energy consumers to ensure that every household and business in the UK can rely on a safe, affordable and environmentally sustainable energy supply. We are playing a vital part in accelerating the transition to Net Zero and a carbon neutral energy system - a goal that everyone wants to achieve. Whatever your role, you’ll be playing your part in creating new energy solutions that are great for customers, and great for the environment.
Our Delivery & Schemes Directorate is our delivery arm and manages a number of high-profile environmental programmes. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic, and you can expect to be involved in ground-breaking work. Our flexible working career opportunities are incredibly varied, so we are committed to recruiting talented people from a diverse range of professional and personal backgrounds – bringing different perspectives and experiences to our work.
We now have an opportunity for a talented audit / compliance professional to join our Compliance senior management team. You will lead audit or compliance activity across one or more of the renewable schemes that Ofgem administers – with a particular focus on new suppliers. This is your chance to undertake high profile work, at scale - supporting government schemes that are worth circa £10bn annually and that are that are crucial to decarbonising the energy sector. You’ll take the lead on developing the annual strategy for your area and manage a small team as well as contract managing / procuring third-party audit support.
Right now, you could be undertaking a compliance or operations / programme management role, in any sector. Excellent data analysis, influencing and stakeholder management skills will be vital and you should be able demonstrate your abilities to make effective risk-based decisions and recommendations. Good communication skills (in writing and in person) will be key to supporting successful stakeholder engagement and drafting high quality reports. Additionally, any knowledge of renewable energy technologies or budget / contract management experience would be a plus, but neither is considered to be an essential requirement of the role.
Ofgem is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of open and fair competition, merit and business need.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Subsidised gym
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Rental deposit scheme
- Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
- Employee Wellbeing Programme.
Please click the 'Apply' button for full job details and to submit your application.
Closing date: 11.55pm on Monday 18th October 2021
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Scotland
- Compliance Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Scotland
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Scotland
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Scotland
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Scotland