Advisory - Senior Associate: Regulatory Consulting
PwC CI’s Regulatory Consulting offering fits within the Networks Financial Services Regulation team which is a market leading advisory and assurance practice. Globally our team of over 65 partners and 950 professional staff is passionate about helping our clients manage risk and regulation in a commercial and strategic way. In the Channel Islands regulatory consulting forms a large part of our advisory team, providing subject matter experts to our clients and the wider PwC network. The team is led by experienced Directors in both islands, and has a strong management team with a proven track record of delivering for our clients.
Our success means we are growing fast. We work closely with client staff at all levels at global organisations. We bring our insight, experience and thought leadership to large, complex projects in our core focus areas:
- Local and International Regulatory Change
- Global Anti-Financial Crime Consulting and Managed Services
- Global Regulatory Technology Implementation
- Supporting local business with regulatory challenges
PwC is looking for experienced professionals to join our team at this exciting time as we continue to grow our business in line with the wider PwC CI strategy.
Who we are looking for
In joining us you will work with like-minded practitioners to deliver practical, far-sighted advice that addresses our clients’ business issues and delivers tangible, positive results and value. Whether you can manage challenging and complex projects, provide critical advice around regulation or assist our clients in delivering and implementing business transformation, we are looking for you.
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in your associated discipline and be able to demonstrate prior experience in financial services and preferably with a specialisation in a specific sector or competency. You will also be digitally literate and/or are passionate about learning new digital skills to support our practice.
You will need to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations to maximise and deliver tangible results and client value.
About the role
PwC Channel Islands have exciting opportunities for experienced individuals to work in our growing Advisory team.
We help organisations to work smarter and grow faster. Our work is always evolving to respond to industry trends and management focus, and we combine our deep technical skills in response to our clients’ changing needs.
The advisory team provides advice and assistance based on our deep financial, analytical and business process skills to help our clients improve the way they operate, innovate and grow, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent and change the way they do business.
As a member of the Advisory practice, you will be part of a team responsible for identifying and delivering to client requirements in a way that demonstrates value on their investment. You will work closely with Directors and Partners, be involved in a variety of engagements, interacting with clients and building and strengthening business relationships across the region. Being part of a smaller, agile department, you will also have excellent opportunities to be involved in strategic initiatives, have input into the management of the business and contribute directly to the running of the practice. Over time you will become a trusted business advisor, managing a team, defining project strategy for multiple and/or complex projects and other key initiatives of the firm.
Your role will involve the following
- Working with a range of clients in your designated Service Line where you will deliver a tailored service to meet their needs and requirements
- Utilising your proven track record and experience to assist clients in improving their business performance so they are able to respond quickly and effectively to situations, and extracting value from transactions
- Provide insight and advice to clients related to your area of expertise
- Building relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with senior client management teams on ongoing engagements
- Supporting the leadership team with the Advisory growth agenda
- On-going development of in depth industry experience and process expertise
- Amount of time client based: 85%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Yes – project dependent
- Opportunity for flexible working: Yes
As a Senior Associate in the Regulatory Consulting team, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of applicable financial services regulation
- Technologically minded, and/or a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to lead self, with a problem solving mentality
- Ability to lead teams, client and PwC, onsite and remotely
- Ability to accurately prepare and review reports on technical subject matter
- Comfortable in providing support to less experienced members of the team
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Technically strong and numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Proficient networker and relationship builder
- Existing knowledge of Financial Services regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of applicable technology in the fintech market
- A detailed knowledge of Anti-Financial Crime regulations in one or more relevant markets
- Knowledge of systems in the Financial Services sector would be preferable
- Accounting or associated compliance based qualification
The skills we look for in our people
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, The PwC Professional.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop, and assess our people, at all grades and in all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their unique strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Compliance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Risk Management Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Regulation Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)
- Risk Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Guernsey (GB)