Financial Crime Data Services Lead Analyst
3 days left
- Full Time
Financial Crime Data Services Lead Analyst
You will be part of a specialist Financial Crime analytics team working on multiple use cases that will bring substantial value to the society.
The team are responsible for analytics, systems, intelligence, MI production and regulatory reporting from which you will be a data leader.
Using your knowledge of data engineering you will help support the team and wider function as a data specialist. Development and sharing of analytical skills in the team are key to our success.
The role is based in our Bradford head office but will have flexibility of remote working.
About the role
As a Financial Crime Data Services Lead Analyst you will help the Financial Crime team to proactively identify threats and risks through analytics. As a data leader you will engage with various stakeholders, have excellent communication skills and enable smarter decisions to be made from data.
- You will use your skills to enhance existing risk controls in the preparation of data for advanced analytics
- Support a further data specialist with the development of supervised and unsupervised modelling and with statistical analysis
- Automation of reporting and enhancements to our technology stack will require support and your expertise
- You will have the opportunity to improve your knowledge of financial crime risk including experience of AML, KYC, sanctions and fraud retail banking products and the UK regulatory environment
- Additional open source learning will be available as personal development is key to a successful team
You will have the ability to identify and communicate often complex data and analytical solutions to the wider department, ensuring transfer of key findings to inform business changes and risk mitigation.
You must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of ETL data processing pipelines and designing
- Able to write testable code to a high standard and document version histories using Git or equivalent
- Be a subject matter expert in the preparation of data for statistical and advanced analytics
- Strong use of Python and proficient in SQL for analytical querying
- Able to support the financial crime function in relation to specialist data training, techniques and analytical modelling
- A good knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques along with model deployment
- Expertise in financial crime risk including experience of AML, KYC, Sanctions and Fraud retail banking products and the UK regulatory environment
- Use of Tableau or Power BI
- Understanding of how financial services organisations operate and the associated regulatory environment
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Please note applications are reviewed frequently therefore this role may close prior to the advertised closing date
More searches like this
- Compliance Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom