Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary or incentive bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
The AVP -Compliance is a key position within the Compliance Management Framework responsible for providing Business level oversight and effective challenge to assigned lines of business and Bank charters in the day-to-day management of the compliance program. They are responsible to facilitate understanding between the line of business and other areas of Compliance such as Compliance Testing, CRA, Compliance Program Management, and Fair Banking. This role also provides an integral connection between assigned Bank Charters as the designated Compliance Officer and the centralized Compliance Program.
Business Compliance Program Monitoring consists of: the education of the laws and regulations that uniquely impact the Business, attending Business management WTFC Consumer Compliance Policy meetings, providing guidance to the Business on the implementation of regulations and guidance, providing effective challenge to the Business root cause analysis and corrective action plans to resolve the identified Issues, validating the closure of Business identified issues, support the Business in resolving complaints, report on the control environment and residual risk, review third party risk through a compliance lens, escalate issues as identified, and provide effective challenge of day-to-day business like marketing, sales, and change control. Business management meetings include quarterly Subsidiary Bank Audit Committee and Subsidiary Bank Compliance Committee Meetings.
The successful individual will be a subject matter expert in consumer compliance regulations that are in-scope for the Compliance program and maintain that expertise. They understand the business of the banking that they oversee, the goals of the line of business, and the processes/technology used to implement those goals. They have a curiosity and ability to identify potential risks in business process, programs, and products/services. They are interested in providing oversight and expertise to the Business as they understand new technologies and create new financial services for customers. They are creative and have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to understand root cause and offer improvements and recommendations to resolve root cause issues. They understand the role of Compliance within an Agile development methodology and are proactive in their approach. They are flexible, patient, have a growth mindset and have superior time management skills.
- 15%- Attends Business project meetings, oversight & governance meetings to identify and mitigate Compliance risk, escalating risks where necessary.
- 20%- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring change management for assigned LOB and Charters, including the review of marketing, procedures, technology implementation, third party reviews, etc.
- 10%- Oversees Issue management and resolution for assigned LOB and Charters. Provides validation support for Issues identified by Compliance Testing and Business Line identified Issues. Oversees accuracy of Issue data in the Enterprise Risk Management system for applicable Issues.
- 10-% Provides LOB and Charter support in resolving Consumer Complaints. Identify trends and reports on trends within assigned LOB and Charters.
- 5% - Assist in the Compliance Risk Assessment program run by the Compliance Program Management team.
- 10% - Present Compliance Risk within the assigned LOB and Charters via Business Oversight meetings and Charter Compliance Committees and Audit Committees of the Board.
- 10% - A key role in the Regulatory Change management process run by Compliance Program Management.
- 10% - Develops an understanding of specific Fair Banking risks and CRA goals and performance to hold high-level conversations with Bank management and bring the appropriate individual to the table as appropriate.
- 10% - Liasion between Compliance Testing and the assigned LOB and Charters providing necessary information to Compliance Testing to conduct thorough reviews and supports Compliance Testing as they identify potential Issues an work with the Business to develop effective action plans and corresponding timelines.
- Makes recommendations to further improve the Compliance Framework and Compliance Management System.
- Provides training and guidance to junior members of the Compliance team.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workplace and customer base.
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago s Bank and Wisconsin's Bank , we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.