Head of Audit - Economic Crime Prevention
7 days left
- Full Time
The role of Head of Audit provides an excellent opportunity to join the leadership team in Group Internal Audit. The Head of Audit (HoA) for economic crime will lead a team of economic crime specialists to influence the effectiveness of the overall control environment by providing professional, independent, and relevant outcome focused assurance
Economic crime at LBG incorporates fraud, AML, economic sanctions along with bribery and corruption. Due to LBG's scale, there is significant reliance on data, automated monitoring tools and a share service model along with local solutions in certain offshore locations.
You'll be responsible for auditing automated and manual economic crime processes across the group and working with GIA's data, analytics and technology SME's to provide assurance over the delivery of the Group's Economic Crime strategy. The audit portfolio is a priority area for automated and outcomes-based testing.
You'll ideally have prior experience in leading an audit team and understand the Regulatory landscape that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) operate within.
As well as technical skills, it is key that you also possess good partner management, influencing and motivating skills, and have a proven track record of delivery. Excellent analytical, presentational, report writing, and communication skills are crucial.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Group Internal Audit (GIA); ensuring objectives and priorities are well understood and communicated with a focus on innovation our audit approach, testing methods and use of data.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery and quality of all audit work within their team.
- Manage a team focused on economic crime. You'll be responsible for managing the development and maintenance of new audit approaches in line with agile principles and the quality assurance of developed tools.
- Work closely with GIA Strategy, Risk and Support (SRS) and the Data Analytics team to influence and align approaches to methodology and strategic direction of GIA.
- Contribute to the build and maintenance of the risk-based Audit Universe, demonstrating a strong understanding of inherent and residual risks across the risk taxonomy. Support the Audit Directors (AD) in the development of the bottom-up and top-down annual audit plan (and refresh as necessary) ensuring that all mandatory/ regulatory audit requirements (under the responsibility of "their" AD) have been identified and incorporated in the audit plan
- Collaborate with Audit colleagues across business and risk facing disciplines to understand Group strategy, risk appetite and objectives, joining the dots to ensure that GIA develops and delivers a compelling audit plan
- Responsible for the allocation and the management of the appropriate resource to deliver timely and relevant outcome focussed audit assurance included in the Annual Audit plan, including audit by design principles, and interlocking with relevant engineering teams across GIA and LBG.
- Responsible for the review and challenge of audit work delivered by the Engagement Lead / audit teams and approval of the relevant stages of the audit cycle and for seeking AD approval for relevant stage of the cycle
- Apply and champion the GIA methodology and standards, providing timely recommendations on methodology and process improvements and deliver high quality audit papers and files
- Identifying and highlighting any thematic issues / risks identified across LBG
- Identify and report Audit Findings and ensure agreed management actions address the root cause of the issues noted, making connections to improve control environment.
- Oversee and recommend closure of findings to ADs ensuring that appropriate and credible evidence is obtained prior to closure and that any 'at risk' findings and actions are escalated promptly to relevant partners.
- Develop a continuous business monitoring approach to understand business strategy, objectives, and critical processes to ensure that audit work continues to focus on areas of higher risk and identify any emerging risk.
- Represent GIA on relevant business risk and control committees to support business monitoring.
- Demonstrate leadership within GIA, making a tangible contribution to continuous improvement, colleague engagement / wellbeing, inclusivity and working with agility
- Build a high performing team including audit and data analytics SMEs by role modelling behaviours, developing talent and colleagues through setting stretching objectives, agreeing, and monitoring development plans differentiating performance by providing feedback and coaching whilst demonstrating and embedding LBG Group values. This responsibility for staff management cannot be delegated.
- Champion the LBG culture, vision, and values through visible leadership and by example, demonstrating the behaviours consistent with the Group's Codes of Responsibility.
- Proactively build and maintain external (outside LBG) and internal networks for the purpose of commercial awareness, satisfying external audit requirements and identifying best practice.
Do you have these skills?
- Solid technical knowledge and experience of the financial crime risk domains (AML, sanctions, fraud, anti-bribery and corruption and anti-tax evasion)
- Professional qualifications in financial crime (ICA or ACAMS) or equivalent desirable but not crucial
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA desirable though not crucial
- Build credible and powerful relationships with senior partners, demonstrating robust judgement, professional scepticism, insight and thought leadership to influence embedding of risk management and controls into strategic decision making.
What you'll get in return...
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
You'll learn new skills and be given opportunities to grow and develop to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. We're a very supportive team who care about your wellbeing. Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Head of Department Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom