Head of Compliance (Isle of Man) and Senior Manager Economic Crime Prevention, LBCM Risk.
Thursday 23 November 2023
£78,634 - £92,510
Agile Working Options
Flexibility in when hours are worked
JOB TITLE: Head of Compliance (Isle of Man) and Senior Manager, ECP
LOCATION: Isle of Man
About this opportunity
At Lloyds Banking Group, our mission is to help Britain prosper by building a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses - shaping finance as a force for good. Our purpose, within Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets (LBCM), is to support this mission by connecting LBG, and the UK, with the world.
LBCM is the Group’s non-ring-fenced bank and a separate legal entity. It is a diverse, cross-jurisdictional business offering a range of products to many different client types. This role will focus on LBCM Islands (“Islands”) which provides:
- Lending, deposits and cash management facilities for large corporate and financial institution clients.
- Retail and business banking services to customers in Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man.
- International Private Banking provides banking to customers who have an international deposit/bank account need.
LBCM Risk provide independent oversight across the end-to-end legal entity, on all risk types, ensuring senior management and the LBCM Board can make informed decisions when considering the risk profile.
The team is a second line of defence team providing oversight of the end-to-end Islands business (including Credit, Economic Crime, Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk). Working with the other LBCM Risk teams we provide initiative-taking support, informative guidance, and challenge relating to the Islands profile and control environment. The Team are experts in our field, proactively driving positive outcomes for our customers and colleagues.
Through our oversight we provide valued insights and opinion for our executives and board. As Head of Compliance (Isle of Man) and Senior Manager Economic Crime prevention (ECP), you’ll be responsible for overseeing the LBCM Islands compliance (with focus on the Isle of Man Branch) with the regulatory requirements, including those relating to economic crime and key economic crime initiatives that build a sustainable control framework to support LBCM’s growth plans.
You’ll be responsible for leading key business relations with the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority as well as senior management both within the Islands business and the wider LBCM entity delivering on high profile strategic issues. A core element of the role will be to support the business to understand, interpret and follow legal and policy requirements and regulatory and customer expectations.
Please note this is a single role and is subject to regulatory approva. It is also a requirement that you're a resident of Isle of Man.
What you’ll need:
The role is multi-faceted and requires an ability to balance competing demands in a pressurised environment. You’ll already have an existing depth of the Isle of Man regulatory requirements as well as economic crime prevention knowledge with a desire to learn.
- In depth knowledge of current and emerging regulatory requirements for Isle of Man Jurisdiction and the Group’s Economic Crime policy and procedures.
- A relevant professional qualification
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy, influence and communicate at senior levels and with Regulators.
- Understanding of Group and LBCM risk management and control frameworks and ability to navigate these to ensure compliance with Regulatory and Group ECP policy and procedures.
- Experience of working with either Compliance or ECP teams/ECP subject matter expertise
- Initiative-taking in finding opportunities for, and champions change, to deliver continuous improvement to systems and processes.
- Strong organisational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence in own ability and judgement.
- Demonstrates passion, enthusiasm and ‘can do’ demeanour!
- Deputise for the Islands Chief Risk Officer as needed.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll add to the effective operation of the LBCM Risk team, including tackling ad hoc activities and developing other team members as the need arises.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
If you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
If you’re excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch.
We’d love to hear from you.