Due to recent growth, our client - a leading UK accountancy firm - is looking for an Assistant Manager to join their Risk and Compliance Department.
The role is designed to work specifically on risk, ethics and compliance aspects, working closely alongside the Technical and Financial Crime Compliance teams.
This role would be ideal for someone from a risk & compliance background. Or, someone from an audit background, recently qualified, and who enjoys working within Practice but would like to move away from client facing work.
Role responsibilities include:
- Helping with responses to queries and consultations arising, including undertaking research.
- Updating compliance and ethics registers (such as risks, specialist clients and ethical consultations).
- Maintenance and review of the risk, ethics and compliance intranet pages.
- Reviewing answers on independence / fit and proper declarations made annually and by new starters, following up where necessary and providing a draft conclusion for review on issues arising.
- Assisting the director with notifications to the ICAEW and the preparation of the ICAEW Annual Return
- Supporting the senior manager with compliance tasks, especially the annual DPB, PA and Licensed Practice (ATOL work) compliance reviews and follow-up action.
- Preparation of internal communications – principally news alerts and ‘bitesize’ presentations.
- Support for projects, such as the review of the firm’s suite of engagement letters.
- Ad hoc review tasks, such as sections of an audit file where an issue has arisen.
Location: Ideally London based - though other locations will be considered for the right candidate - with the option to work from home 60% of the time
Overall, this role can offer a varied and challenging workload, a clear chance to contribute and the opportunity for progression!
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.