We need an AWEsome Senior Internal Regulator to join our team at AWE.
If you're an inquisitive, independent thinker who can challenge and guide diplomatically through referencing our Third Line of Defence Model.
Location: Hybrid and flexible working, with our offices based in Berkshire (RG7 4PR) between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury with onsite parking and regular bus services.
Salary: Starting at £41,840 this is very much open to negotiation if you can dazzle us with an array of AWEsome negotiating skills, an independent mindset and relevant Internal Regulation experience.
What's exciting is:
If you enjoy interacting with different people and diverse areas across a business, this could be just the role for you. No two days will ever be the same.
A typical day for a Senior Internal Regulator could look like this:
- Give independent oversight to ensure that we adhere to our regulations and processes.
- Championing process review and improvement.
- Commending and sharing best practice across the business.
- Independently sense checking in a supportive manner.
- Highlighting noncompliance with arrangements to ensure adherence not only with licence conditions and other regulatory obligations.
- Following metrics and observing process.
- Sample both first and second line of defence to ensure consistency of information.
- Navigating difficult conversations diplomatically.
- Fact gathering (face to face) with ESH and Process owners.
- Advising on non-conformities.
- Report writing.
- Developing questions sets.
- Inspections and scope gathering.
As a Senior Internal Regulator, we would like you to have experience of or have the following attributes:
- Previous experience of working or regulating within a nuclear or other highly regulated environment.
- Background in Operations; Audit; Investigation
- Reporting, writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment Methodologies
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (will support development)
- Member of IOSH/IEMA/SRP or applicable institution (Preferred)
Is this you?
- You think objectively, basing decisions on fact and maintain an independent mindset.
- You are quick to recognise great practice and influence others to manage change diplomatically.
- You can read people and understand how your words will land.
- You are an empath and know how to impart sensitive information constructively.
- You could be described as a "trusted friend" by stakeholders.
AWE has been voted one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK again this year. So, when you work with us, you can take advantage of a great package of benefits and development opportunities on top of your salary.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter on our Careers Site highlighting any relevant skills and experience for this job, giving us a clear view of what you can bring to the role and also why you want to work with the team here at AWE.
If successful, you must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Developed Vetting (funded by the AWE) before you are able start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post. This role requires frequent attendance on site.
The successful candidate is required to carry out all their duties from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Important things you need to know:
- Interviews will be scheduled during working hours
- Interviews will be 90 minutes on site at RG7 4PR and will include a 10 minute presentation
- If we receive an exceptionally high level of applications, this vacancy will close. So don't procrastinate, spruce up your CV and apply now!
For more information about the role or the recruitment process, get in touch with me (Sunflower) at:
(Sorry agencies - we don't outsource our roles)