We are working with a top international law firm who are looking for a Conflicts & Compliance Analyst to join their team in London or Manchester.
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting partners and other members of the law firm with the new business inception process in line with legislation and regulatory requirements.
This will include conflict of interest searches for legal and commercial conflicts, anti-money laundering processes for new and existing clients, on-going client monitoring, sanctions checks and other risk management procedures.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing new client and matter forms ensuring satisfactory details are provided by the Case Handlers and querying instances where information is either incomplete or unclear.
- Analysing the new client and/or new matter to determine the risks associated with the instruction.
- Researching, identifying, and verifying new clients by using online data providers and any other online resources.
- Analysing and establishing the corporate structure for clients where relevant and tracing up to the ultimate beneficial owners.
- Maintaining technical knowledge, expertise and know how on the nature of the work each department undertakes in the Firm, conflicts, AML, and sanctions.
Requirements for the Conflicts & Compliance Analyst Role:
- 2+ years Risk & Compliance experience within AML & Conflicts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering legislation.
- Knowledge of conflicts of interest
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.